Once Bitten

I try not to drink too much because when I am drunk, I bite! - Bette Midler
I LOVE today's post on Gibson King! It's all about "Little Bites" and whenever I am dreaming up a party menu, I am obsessed with bite-sized options!! Balancing a plate, fork, knife, and the ever present cocktail glass is tricky stuff! So unless you are having a sit-down dinner or have a bunch of picnic tables - you want to keep people movin' and minglin' - not hunched over their laps sawing into something! I collect cookbooks that feature appetizers, hors d'oeuvres, nibbles, etc. but sometimes I just like to wing it too. My mini muffin pan is an indispensable tool for this and I came up with a fast, savory treat that you can pop in your mouth in between sips of your cocktail...

Ham and Cheese Bites: Simply take crescent roll dough and combine two triangles to make a square. Then cut that square into 4 equal squares. Spray the muffin pan with non-stick spay and press a square into a into each cup. Then fill each one about halfway with chopped up ham and shredded cheese. At this point you can either flare out the corners or fold them over to meet at the center. Pop them in the oven according to dough directions, but they might take a little longer, so keep an eye on them until the are a bit golden. These can be as casual or as fancy as the ingredients you use! For brunch use sausage crumbles and sharp cheddar! For the big game use roast beef and swiss!

1 comment:

  1. I knew you would love that post!! You are the perfect hostess and always make the best little bites! I wish I could reach into the screen and try the one above!

    ReplyDelete